Thursday, January 25, 2007

when nothing satisfies you


I awoke this morning to a snow covered ground. My early morning walk was filled with a deafening silence. Each time it snows, it seems as if the earth rests peacefully for a few moments. The sounds of cars and trains were faint; if at all existent. The only noticeable sound was my dog's heavy panting and my new snow boots making a rhythm on the sidewalk.

It's in those quiet moments our soul is able to connect to the world and to reflect. I had a flashback to our experiences in Ghana a few weeks ago. There was one word that kept coming to my mind today as I thought about their understanding of God. Satisfied. Although many of our Ghanaian friends had only their very basic needs met, they had an incredible sense of satisfaction with God. God is enough. God is more than enough.

Why is it in our world, with an abundance of wealth...our every need met, even down to our emotional needs....we still find ourselves unsatisfied? What is it in our lives that keeps us unsatisfied and wrestless?

May we take time today to remember that the Holy is more than enough. Let our souls find rest and most importantly...an abundance of satisfaction that only God can supply.

"My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you." Psalm 63:5

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home