Tuesday, January 16, 2007

girl, put your records on


One of my new favorite songs is by Corinne Bailey Rae. I love her lyrics as she says:

"Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song You go ahead, let your hair down Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams, Just go ahead, let your hair down."

Maybe we need to put our records on, let our hair down and go after our dreams. I have many; for the world and for my life. We need to discover together just how powerful we are. We have the ability to make change. What are we waiting on?

Friends...

I hope you get your dreams.

L

1 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

I love that song too. To me it speaks to the importance of freedom and liberation. I mean that in the sense that she is encouraging when to breathe, relax, appreciate who they are what the love and be open and sensitive to their surroundings.

You are right about use needing to actively pursue this endeavor. It is freeing. In a world that tells us to run faster and harder and not to take a break, you realize how stiffled you can become. It's an important reminder.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home