Wednesday, January 17, 2007

a picture paints a thousand words


As I have returned from our trip to Ghana, I am still processing. I am still mulling over all the experiences and encounters that took place. I am still trying to reconcile the world I experienced for 2 weeks and my world back here in New York.

I am still trying to figure out how to make a difference. I can still hear their singing. I can still see their smiles and smell the smoke from bread the women made every morning. As I am back in my reality, I must ask myself...now what? What implications from this experiecne does this have for my everyday life? What will I do with what I've seen, heard, and experienced?

Today, let us consider the words from Isaiah 61: "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me...

If in fact God's Spirit is upon us, then how shall we (today) bind up the brokenhearted, comfort those who mourn, and bestow crowns of beauty instead of ashes?

Oh God, give us vision and empower us to do things we could never imgaine. Amen.

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home