Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Live Blogging from the UN 53 CSW

It's Wednesday afternoon and I'm sitting on the second floor of the Church Center and someone is yelling at me. Well, he is yelling as he speaks to everyone in this room. He says, "I'm the yeller because I am not afraid." I'm not afraid and yet I'm sitting here quietly, nevertheless, I would love to stand up and tell him to sit down.

I'm not sure why educated, published, intelligent individuals feel like generalizations are acceptable. I've heard so many during the past 44 minutes that I have lost count. The current speaker has written a popular book on trafficking. I don't want to mention the author's name or the book. Maybe later. Right now I'm going to remain quiet and try to consider the speaker's point.

I wish Karen Smith, Fairy, and Thelma and Jonathan Nambu were here.
S

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea for LIVE blogging!!!! I love live blogging from the UN CSW! Keep em coming!

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you mentioned the Nambus. What a great contrast to the crazy yelling man yesterday... and a wonderful illustration of how quiet action can be so much more effective and inspiring than yelling.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home