Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New Beginnings


Sparkflies!

I hope that you all are enjoying a wonderful summer and celebrating the ease of life it often brings. With the newness of the summer season, I have just entered into a new season of my life that I'd like to share.

My husband and I have been attending a church in NY for several months now. The people are warm, the minister is fun-loving and sincere and the over all feel is simply amazing. Within a few weeks of attending, I learned of the opening for their Associate Minister position. With much thought and prayer, I decided to submit my resume and feel out the possibility.

The interview process was both affirming and inspiring. As the process became more involved, I quickly found myself desiring the job more each day. After several interviews, I was officially called by the church last week as their new Associate Minister. I began work "un-officially" last week, but I will begin full-time starting July 1st.

As I recall my journey over the last several weeks, I call to mind God's unexpected ways of moving and working in our lives. I have learned to open up my soul to new thoughts and possibilities. I am constantly learning, growing and seeking new ways of relating to others as I apply my own sense of calling. It has already been an unforgettable journey. I am thankful that my soul was inclined to listen to my husband's insightful wisdom as my biggest encourager, and to God's Spirit for prompting me to even consider such an opportunity. I am truly grateful.

In starting this new opportunity, know that I cling to you Sparkflies- as we continue to encourage, discuss and build one another up for great and important work in our world!

"Now to [God] who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine according to the power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Following the call...wherever it leads,

L

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy Mc said...

This IS exciting news. Congratulations, Lori!

8:44 PM  
Blogger valerie said...

Lori - i was just catching up on some Sparkfly and read this great news! that's awesome. i hope that you are enjoying your post so far. hang in there... you're nearly past that initial learning curve the first few months involves in any new job

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home