Friday, February 02, 2007

things not seen


One of most inspiring aspects our Christian faith is hope. Hope gets me up in the morning. Hope drives me to creativity. Hope lifts me from dark moments of doubt. Hope whispers to me, "there is something more".

I have a friend who celebrates hope. Throughout her apartment are trinkets, post-it's, souvenirs, and magnets with the word "hope". Maybe like my friend, we need to be reminded of the great hope we possess. As our hopes ebb and flow from daily hopes to life hopes, may we remember the One in whom our hope is found.

What are your hopes for today? What are your hopes for this year? What are your hopes for this life?

I hope to find a place this Sunday where I can truly worship and be filled.

What about you? What do you hope, whether big or small? Whether immediate or ongoing? What do you hope for?

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:1

May your weekend be filled with hope,

Sparkfly

1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy Mc said...

I hope for peace for my friends in Sudan. Father Joseph and his wife Rhoda just had twin girls and I want them to be able to grow up without the fear of civil war.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home