Tuesday, December 12, 2006

movement of the spirit


This journey is my own. This journey is your own. But, we walk together down similar paths seeing larger glimpses of the Holy in us and around us. We need each other.

The Spirit is awakening me to wholeness. Just when we think we are about to "arrive", God's spirit takes us to deeper levels in ourselves to explore. This week I have begun reading When the Heart Waits, by Sue Monk Kidd. These words appeared boldly on the page as I am still proccessing the implications of them for our lives:

"...the life of the Spirit is never static. We're born on one level, only to find some new struggle toward wholeness gestating within. That's the sacred intent of life, of God--to move us continuously toward growth, toward recovering all that is lost and orphaned within us and restoring the divine image imprinted on our soul."

Thanks be to God today that we serve the great I AM. Our God is a God of the here and now. God is a God of progression and movement. The Spirit within calls us forward to deeper levels of wholeness. The Spirit beckons us to throw off our hindrances and press on.

In what ways is the Spirit calling you to wholeness this week? How can we encourage one another as we serve a God who is always moving, always working, and always life-giving?

Press on Sparkfly friends!

L

"Brothers and sisters I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13-14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home