Saturday, April 18, 2009

meet up

I'm looking for that magical place where grassroots passion and political will meet up. Trudging through these DC streets has me less supportive of anything political even though I know it matters. I came here expecting to find Alice Paul and Lucy Burns. I'm sure "they" are here somewhere, but I haven't found them yet.

What I have found is a more intense focus and the realization that if I want to be part of a movement to increase maternal health, holistic sex education in public schools, or the number of women pastors in the pulpit, it starts with me. I am Alice Paul. I am Lucy Burns.

Even still, I'm looking for a community with whom to share the journey and some contract work along the way.
S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home