Friday, September 26, 2008

still thinking

This week I spoke to Elba's high school Girl Scout Troop. Their troop leader asked me to speak on the Tanzanian maternal health partnership I know and love. I told them about Kidete Couture (see Sept. 10 post) and the "little things" the women needed.

I asked the girls what their little things were. Here are some of their responses:
trust
confidence
self-motivation
real friends
love
encouragement
support
care
money for college
gas
a smile
a hug
technology
someone who really cares

Some of their "little things" aren't so little. I guess that is the whole point.

One girl wrote "a skinnier body" as her response. How do we counter popular culture and still be a part of it?

Still thinking about those "little things" . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home