Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Praying for M

M's baby hasn't come. The village midwife thinks it should have been here by now. M is worried. The midwife is worried. I am worried and so far away. And it's not that I am an OBGyn or have some unique ability to make things better, but I wish that i was there. I would ask to put her in a car and drive her to the nearest clinic with equipment that could monitor her progress. And so we wait.

M is the secretary of the Ushirika Wa Wanawake Kidete. She took some sewing classes a few years ago. This summer she helped me teach the women to hold scissors. Oh God, we need for M. to be ok. We need her baby to be ok. Please pray with me for M.
S

ps If you have the initials MF on a kitenge you purchased, M made it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying Suzanah! If you are able, please keep us updated on the baby's arrival and health- Amy Thomas

8:56 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

I'm lighting my candle. Keep us posted.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy and Meg. Still no baby. Thanks for your prayers.
Suzanah

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home